Just Because

Hello!

I've been taking a little break from my cards lately in favor of creating in my art journal, but I found a new technique to use with my spray inks, so I had a play and decided to use the result on a card.

The new technique is a cling wrap technique! Spray your inks onto cling wrap making sure to have a bit of wrinkle in it, then flip it over onto paper, press and let dry 45 minutes. This technique will not work if you do not let it dry for the appropriate amount of time. Lift off, and voila!


Doesn't have to be perfect, that's the fun.


I grunged up the sides of my background, matted it in silver and added my new 'just because' sentiment, threw on some gold embossing powder and embossed with a heat gun.


How pretty with the pink and blue/purple!






I even got had the chance to use a cute little Some Odd Girl image Kite Flyin' Mae (which I've been hording forEVER and am delighted to use!!!)


I just love how the background turned out. Happy accidents and trying something new. Makes me smile. Hope you like this card and give this technique a try with your spray inks (maybe even distress inks?!) Its really fun!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross