A Little Trick for Correspondence

When I was little and I would go spend the day with my grandma, I remember getting into her filing cabinet. She kept scratch paper for me to draw on, but she also had a well-stocked box of greeting cards in that cabinet and her desk. All sorts, with beautiful pictures of flowers on a table, pictures of paintings and picturesque sunset.  So when she gave me the gift of beautiful pink stationary with a matching pen one year for Christmas, I fell in love with correspondence.

Carrying on Her Tradition
Today, I carry on her tradition (obviously - I design and create cards!) and always keep one of those plastic folding files in my desk. My folder has tabs with pockets on the inside and I’ve labeled each tab with the type of greeting card that pocket contains: Thinking of You, Love, Birthday, Anniversary, Get Well, Sympathy, etc. I fill those pockets with all of my different style of greeting cards.

A Little Trick
A great little trick to save time (and constantly running to the store, and possibly FORGETTING a card to go with a gift or as a gift) is to purchase greeting cards ahead of time. Get yourself a folder with pockets and fill the pockets with different styles of cards. Often times stores run sales such as buy three get one free, so this is the perfect time to stock up! You’ll always have a card to finish off a gift, or to send to a sick friend.

Plus a Bonus
I keep all of my addresses saved on my computer so I can easily update them if people move.  You can print all your addresses on a sheet of paper and slide it inside the folder with a book of forever stamps as well.  No mess, and you will have everything at your fingertips for all of your stationary or gift-giving needs.

So what do you think? What tips and tricks do you use to stay well-stocked? I’d love to hear from you! What has helped you? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross