Sewing a Vintage-Style Apron

If you read this blog on a regular basis, you know that I have a passion for anything pinup or vintage. I want to share that passion with you, so I'm expanding this blog from just papercrafts to my other creative endeavors as well such as sewing and vintage hunting/finding.

Check out this adorable vintage-style apron I created the other week! I found the vintage pattern and cute fabric at Hobby Lobby.


This is my second attempt at sewing an apron. The first one, which was about two years ago, I did not use a pattern and was a total disaster as a result (: Useful tip: use a pattern! :)  I'm so happy with how this little gem turned out. Now I can bake a cake without getting myself covered in flour and cake batter!

I plan to sew the other aprons from this pattern set when I return from Hawaii. They are the full vintage apron style, and now that I have this apron under my belt, I'm confident that I can sew them! Super fun, super easy! Got to go fabric shopping! :)

Have you sewn aprons before? What are your favorite patterns to use? Where do you purchase your cute vintage-looking fabrics? Leave a comment and let me know!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross