Do What Makes You Happy

Welcome All and Happy Holidays.

What makes you happy? Travel, art and handmade goods make me happy. {And shopping!}

Last weekend my mother and I decided to take the train to Portland. We stayed downtown and we originally went to go to the Saturday Market (which is open on Sunday, too) but a few days before we left I hear about this handmade sale going on (crafty wonderland) at the convention center. So that became our focus of the trip. And an obligatory Powell's Books trip.

Crafty Wonderland was really a fun time, with the exception of the crowds. It was nice because I still needed to finish my holiday shopping. Perfect timing, 'eh?! So we needed up getting breakfast and heading over to the convention center (we took the max).

The crowds were unbelievable. I walked down the corridor once we got in line to see how many people were ahead of us - there was free goodie bags to the first 150 people in line. By the time we got in line there was probably easily 300 people, and more filing into line behind us.

The line moved fast and once we got in for the first hour or two there was not much of a crowd, I think because of the sheer size of the space it was held in. After about two hours the crowd hit in full force. I'd made my purchases, so I found my way out of hall, feeling a little punch drunk.

We then cabbed to Collage in the Alberta Arts District. Collage on Alberta is easily my favorite art store in my favorite part of Portland. Alberta is lined with funky old buildings, vintage shops, some coffee shops (where you can also order a beer) a bike shop, a couple of book stores, a cafe or two, a dress and floral shop. It has a homey little village vibe and is surrounded by nice and picturesque homes.

After Collage, we cabbed back downtown to the Saturday Market, where we were able to finish holiday shopping, and then back to the hotel, supper, and to catch the train home. What fun!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross