Thursday, December 20, 2012

December Pin Up Challenge - Get Ornamental


For this month’s challenge at Bombshell Stamps, the Pin Up Challenge was to “Make it Ornamental”.

Instead of creating a paper ornament, I’ve been wanting to try creating my own. So I purchased a plastic ornament at Joann’s and filled it with Elmer’s glue. *Note - use floor polish if you want it to  dry translucent.

After swirling it around a bit to make sure all of the sides of the inside of the ornament were covered, I poured out the excess glue and folded a piece of paper to funnel the glitter into the ornament. And then I shook! I repeated and tapped out the excess glitter and glue.

After it dried I replaced the cap.

Originally my idea was to stamp on the plastic with Stazon, however after many failed attempts, I gave in. *Note - Stazon comes off of plastic with lighter fluid.

Instead, I stamped the image I wanted (I used the Tattoo sentiment from the Sacred Heart set) and colored and cut it out. Then I adhered it to the domed surface with Ranger's Glossy Accents and set to dry. Because this project was giving me such trouble, I decided to keep it very simple and just add ribbon at the top.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome! I think it turned out better than I originally planned because I got to incorporate more color this way. Have you tried this project or something similar?


1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I absolutely love this ornament. I cannot wait to try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for subscribing to this blog and leaving your lovely comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...