December Pin Up Challenge - Get Ornamental


For this month’s challenge at Bombshell Stamps, the Pin Up Challenge was to “Make it Ornamental”.

Instead of creating a paper ornament, I’ve been wanting to try creating my own. So I purchased a plastic ornament at Joann’s and filled it with Elmer’s glue. *Note - use floor polish if you want it to  dry translucent.

After swirling it around a bit to make sure all of the sides of the inside of the ornament were covered, I poured out the excess glue and folded a piece of paper to funnel the glitter into the ornament. And then I shook! I repeated and tapped out the excess glitter and glue.

After it dried I replaced the cap.

Originally my idea was to stamp on the plastic with Stazon, however after many failed attempts, I gave in. *Note - Stazon comes off of plastic with lighter fluid.

Instead, I stamped the image I wanted (I used the Tattoo sentiment from the Sacred Heart set) and colored and cut it out. Then I adhered it to the domed surface with Ranger's Glossy Accents and set to dry. Because this project was giving me such trouble, I decided to keep it very simple and just add ribbon at the top.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome! I think it turned out better than I originally planned because I got to incorporate more color this way. Have you tried this project or something similar?


Comments

  1. Rachel, I absolutely love this ornament. I cannot wait to try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for subscribing to this blog and leaving your lovely comments.

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross