Copic Markers

Hi All,
In the last few weeks I have been noticing more and more people using a wonderful little thing called Copic Markers. For those of you who don't know, Copic Markers are pretty much the top-of-the-line markers for the art world. They are alcohol-based, refillable and blendable. They won't tear up the paper you work with, and you can shade and blend without leaving streaks a normal marker would leave.

Well, over the last couple of weeks I have been debating if, as a crafter, these are really a necessity for me, personally. I already have a pentel set and a case of colored pencils that I can and do use quite frequently. Do I really need to spend the money on *another* marker set?
After debating and comparison shopping, I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably end up purchasing some copic markers. Perhaps not in a set (they are sold either by the set or individually) but I think that they would be beneficial to any artist to have because of their blending ability (layering with color and adding as much or as little you want to create texture and definition) and the wide range of colors they come in. They are, however, quite pricey.

Eventually I may end up purchasing a set, or collecting enough markers to make my own set! I'm really excited about this! If you use copic markers, please let me know where you purchased yours and how much you are loving them and how long you've been using them? Where is a good place to buy them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross