Review: Scrapbook Pad - Shoreline

Hi Everybody,



Yesterday I came across a new scrapbook store in my area. I’ve been needing to update my paper collection, so I stopped by and checked it out. It’s located in Shoreline and called Scrapbook Pad.

When I walked in I was greeted and shocked at the size of the store. It’s quite large and roomy, with a good amount of space in the back used for classes. They’ve even got a fridge/mini kitchen in the back. They offer classes.

Anyways, it’s not an art store, it’s a dedicated scrapbooking store. I was disappointed that they don’t carry many stamps because stamping/cardmaking is my real passion. They do carry a few, but selection of stamps is limited to small clear cling stamps.

There’s a HUGE amount of lovely papers, however, ranging in size, colors and patterns. The sale selection was great, and I even found some templates to add bling to my pages. They carry monthly page kits and monthly card kits, which, at the time, were on sale. So of course I bought one! ;) See video here to view my complete haul.

I wasn’t, however, impressed with the customer service. The gal at the front desk was nice enough, accept she was on the phone in personal conversations the entire time I was in the store (easily an hour). And I needed glue and pop dots. Looking at the prices, I quickly put them back. $5.00 for pop dots, I couldn’t believe it! Aren’t they usually like $2-$3? I did buy some mono roll-on glue, which was just as over-priced, but I was there and needed it, so...whatcha gonna do?

I picked up some papers from Bazzil (never used) and Kaiser Crafts, which I've used but I'm totally excited about.

So overall I rate this store a B+. Good selection of papers, but downgraded for personal phone calls and lack of stamps. :( Overall quite good however!

That's it for today! Don’t forget to follow this blog! :)

Cheers,

Xo, Rachael

Comments

  1. Hi Rachael!
    How are you this sunny Loveley day!! Not sure if you know, but we are in the same area...I live in Bremerton. I was just stopping by to say hi and hope that you have a wonderful week end! I work in the retail business and it is so common to have many customer's that will do that And it is very rude to me!! I never get over to seattle very much to check out different scrapbooking stores..That is probably a good thing, Because I already work in a craft store and spend alot of money already!! LOL... Have a nice day!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that frustrates me when a cashier does that! Obviously they don't give a crap about the store, because if they did they would know how bad that looks to the customers. Pop dots in my area are 4.99 everywhere! But I live in the midwest, don't know if that makes a difference or not. There were 2 scrapbooking stores in my city that both went out of business last year.. So disheartening (don't know if I spelled that right!) because scrapbooking/cardmaking is so many people's passion, and we all want to help support our local businesses.. It's just not enough in this economy. Well, have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, I know, right? Pop dots were $5 too, as well as the the TOMBO! Couldn't believe it! It really IS sad that two stores went out of business! I am hoping to start my own, eventually, what do you think? Let me know if you ever come to Seattle, we should totally scrap it together!!! :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for subscribing to this blog and leaving your lovely comments.

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

Zig Zag Card Tutorial