New Items and Fun Textiles

Welcome Back Everyone!

I'm so excited to be updating you after a week of pretty much no available time to blog!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. It was sunny and beautiful here in Seattle over this last weekend and I found myself REALLY enjoying it! It's so easy to get down and depressed as the winter months drag on, but summers in Seattle are quite beautiful in, not only Seattle, but the Northwest as a whole. It's the only saving grace in the long rainy months that we have. So I've been dead set on enjoying every minute of it!! (I'm even a little burned!)


I'm proud to announce that a new line has hit the store - my Buckle Cards! You can't find anything like them anywhere else on the internet, and while there's only two available in my shop right now, rest assured that more are on their way!! Totally and completely unique! They're even a little interactive! ;-)




I'm thrilled because I've made some purchases lately that are really opening crafty doors for me and Rachael's Handmade Designs. It's all about growing as an artist and trying new things!

As you can tell from my previous post, I recently ordered the Zutter Distrezz-It-All. I've had a chance to use it, and I love love love it! I'm currently working on a mini album...for my dad! I'm using some sport-themed antiqued paper, and I'm really loving the way that it's turning out!



I've also been thinking about purchasing a book bindery tool so that I can begin to play with book binding, mini albums, and perhaps even calendars, but it was a challenge between The Cinch (from We R Memory Keepers) vs. The Bind-it-All (by Zutter). I read this review by fellow crafter Pink Cricut. She seemed to favorite The Cinch, and while it seems that The Cinch has some awesome features to offer, I decided to go with The Bind-it-All from Zutter. I found a great price on an Ebay deal and placed my order! I'm so excited to get my order in! I think that The BIA used in connection with the DIA will result in some great items. I'm finding that I'm a definetly a Zutter gal. ;-)

vs.


(this is the bundle I purchased on Etsy.)

Lately I have been working hard to move the excess jewelry-making supplies from my store stock. Since I decided to focus more on my paper crafts, I had a lot of excess beads, charms and pretty little things laying around and not being used. This has proved pretty successful because, well, really - who doesn't love beads?! Pretty, shiny sparkly little things. A couple of my good friends (really more like family) Cheryl and Cindy, have purchased beads and charms and I'm so excited to see what they come up with! Be sure to check out their blogs as well: Cheryl's blog is here and Cindy's shop is here!

I was able to place an order for some exciting new papers as well, in addition to my first Prima Marketing handmade flowers order! I'm so excited! I've heard WONDERFUL things about Prima and they have such lovely pieces to choose from. It was definetly a challenge to pick just a few items to start with, but if the results are as good as I think they're going to be, I will defiently be doing business with them again.



And that's about it! I can't wait to receive my new items and start playing! I'm so excited! I hope you enjoyed this post and are inspired as much by these items as I am!

Don't forget! Follow this blog and follow my Facebook Fan Page for 10% off in my store!
Cheers,
Xo, Rachael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross