Stuff I Love: Everything Frida!

Hi All,
Thanks for tuning in again today. Here is my entry for Stuff I Love - Everything Frida!

Frida Kahlo is one of my favorite artists, if not my favorite artist. She's an interesting person and had an interesting life. She's best known for her self-portraits, but painted many other things as well. Her work was strongly representative from her personal experiences. Her work had many strong Jewish themes (she claimed her father came from hungarian-jewish stock) and Catholic symbols.

Frida shaved three years off her age so that she would be associated with the Mexican Revolution. She was a Communist, bisexual, had polio when she was young and never fully recovered from injuries from when a bus collided with a trolley when she was a teenager.She had many extramarital affairs, was a feminist and had a fierce temper. She was easily one of the most intriguing 20th century female artists.

"I was born a bitch. I was born a painter." - Frida Kahlo

What do you love about Frida? I love her use of color and her imagination.

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers,
Xo, Rachael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross