Stamping on Plastic Elements


Hello All,
Here's a tutorial for you so that you can incorporate your images into you projects in a new way!

You Will Need:

A plastic element of some sort (I'm using TH fragments with the tag hanging bit)
A permanent black ink (I'm using Memories)
Your favorite Bombshell Stamps image (I'm using one of the swallows from Love & Luck)
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Alcohol-based markers (I'm using Copics.)
A heat tool
Your favorite accent paper
Scissors
Emery board
Thread or cord or a jump ring, if you wish


Start out with a clean plastic surface of your element.
Stamp your image.


Heat dry with your heat tool. (Be wary of melting the plastic!)

Whip out your copics! I'm using B34; R08; and YR04 to color my swallow.

Have fun coloring!


Layer colors if you like for more opacity. I have chosen to add B24 to my bird to add more depth. I found that with Copics on these fragment bits, particularly with the lighter colors, a series of small dotting actions as opposed to swipes work best for depositing the color.


Dry in between layers of color with the heat tool.

When you're finished, apply a small amount of Glossy Accents to the back of the element and lay it down on your paper. I chose a basic white for this image because I wanted to show of the image colors.

Cut out and file the edges with an emery board.

You now have a fabulous new way to add Bombshell Stamps to your projects!


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and you give it a whirl. Its so much fun!

Cheers!

Comments

  1. Simple and elegant...no words to praise you work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to add the glossy accents. I think it gave it the look of porcelain instead of just a piece of plastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have no words to talk about it..anyway i wish to use same for plastic cards to make it's look more better and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's such a great IDEA!!! you can totally make your own Christmas ornaments! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for subscribing to this blog and leaving your lovely comments.

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

Zig Zag Card Tutorial