Interview with a Seller: The Chartreuse Room

Hi Everyone!

I've got a great interview for you today! A lovely shop on Etsy, The Chartreuse Room has granted me an interview! :D Read on for more info!

1. What’s your name and shop name and what do you do?
My shop name is The Chartreuse Room and I create vintage inspired jewelry.


2. Where are you located? 
I live in Dixon, a small town in Northern California between San Francisco and Sacramento.

3. What’s the favorite part of your craft?
I love working with floral cabochons in all sizes and colors.

4. How long have you been crafting?
I have been creating jewelry for about five years now. I started making pieces for myself and before I knew it, friends were asking my to create pieces for them. I have been selling on Etsy since 2008.

5. What’s your favorite thing to make?
My signature rose cabochon and chunky pearl necklaces. They are unique, bold and feminine. 

6. What kind of camera do you use to shoot?
My little Kodak, nothing fancy. 

7. Who or what models your items?
I have considered using models but for now I use various neck busts I have on hand. They are readily available and they don't charge!

8. What's the most rewarding part of running your own business?
No commute (other than occassionally running to the post office) and I can create my own hours. 

9. What's the most challenging part of running your own business?
Tax time, other than that it's not so challenging. I love those busy days!

10. On average, how many things do you create per week?
At least five but during wedding season maybe 10 to 15 pieces a week.

11. What inspires you?
Fashion and nature mostly.

12. Take me thru your creative process.
It usually starts with a flower or color and evolves from there. Almost everything I create is nature inspired. I use floral cabochons, filigree leaves, glass blossoms, etc. I love working wth antique brass, copper and occassionally silver.

13. What is your best advice to blossoming crafters?
Don't expect for things to happen overnight. Take your time. Make quality items in large quantities so you can perfect your craft.


Thank you so much for your great interview. You have really positive ideas and advice, and your items are so lovely. See The Chartreuse Room's shop here!!

Don't foget to follow this blog!! *Use 10% off Code "Blogger" when you check out from Rachael's Handmade Designs for bonus savings*

Cheers!
Xo, Rachael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross