Inchies!!

Welcome back!
Thanks for joining me! I haven't been creating very much lately because I my boyfriend was in town, and we were out and about doing other things like going to the lake and water park. So much fun! Now that his visit is over, I have a little more time on my hands.
Tonight I completed a layout for our scrapbook and started and completed another! (Well, all but the title.)
I was looking for inspiration to make a card and I came across a funny and cute little attribute that I've never seen before! Inchies!! Funny little one-inch squares. Usually it's a collage square that incorporates a background, image, or a word or letter. Julie O'Neil created these funny things as a way to integrate many works into one cohesive, quilt-like piece of art. I think they're great! They can be made of either paper or fabric and have become a viable form of art and format for card-makers specifically.
Here are a couple that I love!
photo courtesy of PhizzyChick on flickr.com
and this

photo courtesy of Catharina's-love on flickr.com

You can feature them on cards, *make* a card from them, sew them into a quilt or do pretty much anything with them. Some people are fond of trading them, even!

What do you think? Have you ever made any yourself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross