Interview with a Seller: ErinKeys

Today I interviewed ErinKeys of Femme Petal. Her famous Carrie Necklace caught my attention - I knew I had to interview her!

1. What’s your name and shop name and what do you do?
My shop name is FemmePetal, and I am a jewelry designer/mommy/fuller timer at Dr. Randall Miller D.D.S

2. Where are you located?

Good ol Indianapolis, In ~ I promise there is more than corn here!

3. What’s the favorite part of your craft?

The pictures I get from weddings where everyone including the Bride is wearing my designs!!!

4. How long have you been crafting?

I have always been prety crafty, but 2 years is how long I have been selling my wares on etsy

5. What’s your favorite thing to make?

My Carrie Necklaces of course!

6. What kind of camera do you use to shoot?

Nikon D30 with a special close up lens

7. Who or what models your items?

I have a small bust and a large bust that wears my jewels to model for the pics

8. What's the most rewarding part of running your own business?

The fact that I can do it on my time after my kids are in bed!

9. What's the most challenging part of running your own business?

Finding the time to get all of my orders out, being a single mom and working 2 jobs along with a jewelry business is tricky!

10. On average, how many things do you create per week?

that would all depend on how my kids were behaving that week! Haha On average though probably 15 pieces

11. What inspires you?

FASHION! I am sooooo into fashion! I have about every fashion mag in my home and I love looking through them and getting ideas...and sex and the city! Miss Carrie Bradshaw inspires me!

12. Take me thru your creative process.

It is very random.....at times I sit down knowing exactly what i am going to create and others I just sit down and sift through my messy crafting table and find things that I forgot I had and new ideas just pop in my head.

13. What is your best advice to blossoming crafters

Dont give up! Keep at it, even when times are hard.....I am going through a divorce and things were VERY tough for me a few months back and I just had no motivation to make the things people were ordering and somehow I got myself through it and I am doing everything I can to keep my customers happy! Promotion is a HUGE part of selling......twitter, blogging, facebook, flickr....those are all GREAT ways to promote your goods. And joining teams on etsy. You just have to get yourself out there on the world WIDE web!

Thanks Erin, those are all great tips and pointers and I was glad to get to know you a little bit!
Don't forget to check out Erin's shop here.

Follow this blog, follow me on facebook and twitter!
Cheers!
Xo Rachael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross