Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dance Hall Girl with Visible Image

Welcome Back!

Here at Rachael's Handmade Designs, we love cabaret! Don't you? And pretty much anything burlesque. And I love Prima Marketing - so when I saw the Prima Moulin Rouge collection, I absolutely fell in love!

I created this fun little dance hall cabaret card with a little bit of naughty flair. :) I cut out the can can dancer from a selected piece from the Prima Marketing Moulin Rouge collection and paired it with a checkered background and the Grunge Flourish from Visible Image stamps.


I even took the Steel Plate background stamp from the Visible Image Heavy Metal set and stamped in white over a flower embellishment.  This is a new technique I've tried, and I think it worked out quite well.

Next I paired the checkered paper with a crimson and glued. I selected some hardware from my Tim Holtz collections and added them to the card, adding some red jewels to the card as well to match the red background.

I used a label-maker to write the word 'dance' and stuck it to the card. How fun! What do you think? Have you ever tried stamping over embellishments?

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Rachael! I have got to go do some Prima shopping and get some of this paper! la la licious card hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I knew you'd like it. ;) It may be a difficult paper to find, I didn't realize it at the time but I think it was a scarce line??? I just adore Prima!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time for subscribing to this blog and leaving your lovely comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...